Timeline of a Murder of Robert Hansen:
1. November 17, 1981. Exotic dancer Sherry Morrow heads out to Alice’s 210 Cafe in Anchorage, Alaska. She tells a friend that she is meeting a photographer who has offered her $3000 for allowing him to take erotic photos.
2. Having met Hansen, Morrow climbs into his Subaru truck. Once inside the vehicle, Hansen gets violent. He handcuffs and blindfolds her and pushes her onto the vehicle’s floor. She lies there while he drives out to a place on the Knix River. There he drags her out of the truck.
3. Distressed at ther imprisonment, Morrow resists Hansen’s physical attempts to control her. For a time he simply sits back against a tree, watching her struggle, cradling the .223 Mini-14 rifle that he has now retrieved from the trunk of the vehicle.
4. At one point, Morrow runs up to Hansen, screaming and kicking. He aims the rifle at her and shoots her through the head. He later stated “I just pointed the Mini-14 up toward her and pulled the trigger.”
5. Hansen digs a shallow grave in the riverbed and drops Morrow’s body into it. He covers her with a thin layer of dirt, and throws the spent cartridge from the rifle into the grave.